Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Long Time No See...

Sew many things to comment on write about as I have not used this Blog for a very long time. I have decided to start it back up as I just received my copy of Canadian Quilter magazine and saw that it was posted in my Regional Representative biography! I continue to do tons of quilting in Inuvik, Yellowknife and elsewhere; along with continuing to curl as a competitive level. And I LOVE both!






As for quilting... let me start with a quick overview of some interesting projects that either me or the Inuvik Quilting Guild has been working on.

First, is our Inuvik Advent Calendar. Quilter Arlene Hansen adapted a pattern to make it unique to our community, even complete with our colourful rowhouses nicknamed "Smartie Box Houses". I managed to get it ready for December 1 but have decided to keep adding details to it each year.


Second, many babies arrived into my life in the past 2 years. Not mine of course, but those of friends and family. I am now an Auntie many times over and I take this job very seriously. Most proud of neice Sydney who can now talk to me on the phone and twin neices Kallelah Amour and Keauni Zen who will keep me busy as they get older!!! All I can saw is being an Auntie means more baby quilts and sewing projects!!!


Third, still doing lots of fabric dyeing and having as much fun with it as I did from the beginning. I was lucky enough to make it to Yellowknife in June 2010 to learn dyeing techniques from maven Carol Soderlund from New York.


Fourth, was a great trip to Calgary and Quilt Canada 2010 with Arlene Hansen and Carolyn Hunter. Lots of laughs and none stop quilting... a couple pictures from mine and Carolyn's time spent with Pamela Allen.


Enjoy and will continue to post updates more regularly and showing people a bit of quilting north of the Arctic Circle.


shona

No comments:

Post a Comment