Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A New Project!


This is not an unfinished project but a new project that I made for someone who has everything! My friends and I are all turning the big 3-0 (yes, 30) this year and this will be my closest friends birthday present (better late than never!). It is about 15" square-ish and is made of all hand dyed fabric from the Fabric Dying Project with the Inuvik Quilting Guild. The middle piece is actually commercial dyed fabric but I used Shiva sticks and a rubbing plate over. The buttons were a gift from 2 friends who traveled to New Zealand a couple of years ago. Usually, I do not include items given to me in pieces I will give away but I thought the turtle was worth including the buttons on and I know this 'gift' will make others happy as well!
Enjoy.

shona

No comments:

Post a Comment