Friday, April 10, 2009

Finishing Project.... March 2009

With curling season more or less over I had time to really settle back into my sewing room in March. There were three projects that I completed, again I managed to get the quilt tops finished and then will bring them down south to get quilted in May.

I used a pattern from a magazine to complete the Wobbly Houses quilt. It was very difficult to make small houses and so it turned into a much larger project than originally anticipated. It was also a bit more difficult to put everything together and now I understand why the pattern was 3 pages of hints and tips for joining everything together! The pattern has now been circulated among Inuvik Quilting Guild members as it seems like a great way to use up scraps!

The Inuvik Quilting Guild also did a 1 day activity making Easter wallhangings. This was done with fabric and patterns that I had purchased some time ago at the Sugar Pine in Canmore, Alberta. One of my favorite quilt shops! I donated my wallhanging to Aurora College as a Grad fundraiser. Then made another hanging as a gift for someone.

The third of my March projects was to start on a baby quilt that I had purchased fat quarters for at Earthly Goods in Edmonton some time ago. I am at that age where so many of my friends are having babies so it is nice to always have a quilt around to be used as a gift. I used my very favorite and oldest quilt pattern; Yellow Brick Road for this and completed the top in only 2 Monday night Quilting Get Togethers. Another Guild member worked along side on her own Yellow Brick Road as it was her first large scale quilt project! She used fabric from the The Fat Quarters Shop online. I am still not one to do Internet shopping! The backing for this project was purchased at Gala Fabrics in Victoria and is a wonderful pea-green floral which matches perfectly and fits perfectly! I am now working on one in more 'boy' colours, probably to be completed as an April project!


Enjoy!


shona

No comments:

Post a Comment